A cryptocurrency is a special form of payment using a digital or virtual format using cryptography. Crypto-currency is not issued by special authorities and they do not regulate it. It uses a decentralized system to record the issuance of new units of currency.
How can it be obtained?
Cryptocurrency can be obtained by distributing it on public books, which are called a blockchain. These are where information regarding transactions and data regarding all of the cryptocurrency markets and the availability of the coin website is stored.
To create the units you need to engage in a special process called mining. This process generates coins by using the computing power of mathematics to do complicated tasks. A user can also purchase the currency from a broker, store it and make spending transactions using a cryptocurrency wallet.
There are thousands of different crypto coin trades to be found today, but there are several very well-known currencies with good value, among them:
- Bitcoin. Created in 2009 and is the world’s first cryptocurrency. Satoshi Nakamoto is a crypto coin creator, and he invented the name so that the currency could be associated with unknown individuals, as bitcoin was impossible to trace and see in person;
- Ethereum. It is considered the second most popular cryptocurrency in the world and has had its platform since 2015;
- Lightcoin. Very similar to bitcoin on cryptocurrency news portals, but its development is linked to innovative developments;
- Ripple. It became possible to buy a coin like this on the market 10 years ago. It is used to track other types of financial transactions, and the creators work closely with banks.
For novice miners, it is worth remembering that currencies that are different from bitcoins are also called altcoins (the alternative to the original).
The process of buying cryptocurrency
Budding miners study tons of information on crypto news live, but not everyone can figure out how to cryptocurrency purchase safely. There are only three simple steps to follow, which are:
- Choose the right platform. Before deciding on one, you need to research the offerings of traditional brokers and specialized exchanges. The former will work in a traditional crypto coin market format, offering a way to buy or sell currencies at a low cost. The latter offers the ability to work with different cryptocurrency exchanges and provide coin storage and even interest accrual features;
- Fund your account. Once you have decided on a site, you will need to sign up for cryptocurrency trading and make your first deposit to trade. Usually, you can use state currencies and pay with your bank card. It is important to learn about credit and withdrawal fees on site where to buy coin with the cryptocurrency you choose;
- Place an order. To do this, use an account on the website or cryptocurrency app from a broker or exchange. If the user wants to buy the currency, you need to select the type of order in the appropriate menu, enter the amount and confirm the order.
Tips for investing safely in cryptocurrency
A newcomer needs to understand in advance what is cryptocurrency investment and the risks involved. There are always many risks in investing, but the choice to start should be made consciously. The most common advice from analysts is to:
- Study all the research about the chosen cryptocurrency and market. One should know in advance information about cryptocurrency exchanges, how they work, and cryptocurrency purchases on such resources;
- Decide how you want to store it. Apart from buying the currency, you need to understand what is cryptos to store;
- Invest in different cryptocurrencies and study cryptocurrency news outlets. Such data will help you make profitable deals and earn money on them;
- This market is very volatile. The value of your chosen cryptocurrency will fluctuate constantly and you don’t need to make many trades or get rid of the currency right away when you see a small decline. Study all the crypto market news today and you can make good money.
One of the best websites to work on the cryptocurrency market is http://profitcoin.pro/. This resource provides important information about the state of all cryptocurrencies and analytics about its near-term changes in price.